Flea Market Finds

2:30:00 PM


 If they is one thing I will never say no to, its going to a flea market. I just live for them. Everything about browsing, to getting knee deep in someone else junk is so much fun. It's the equivalent to snooping and going through a treasure chest. And every time, I always find something that calls to me and begs me to go home with me. Which isn't such a hard thing to do really.


Whenever I go to a flea market, I always make sure I have set list in mind for things I know I would rather find second hand. Vinyls are always at the top of the list. I could never stomach playing full price for anything much less a record from the 70's. So when I found that an older gentleman was selling part of his collection of Jazz and Motown, I couldn't resist. I picked up a couple of Nat King Cole and Frank Sinatra. I also found this Barbra Streisand with her singing in French, I knew I would love the hell out of it.    


Another music media I have just started on collecting are cassettes. And I have a huge love for 40's swing. And that thought it was the coolest thing to see 40's music in cassette form. 


As I was walking around, I happened to see this huge booth. It had everything you could imagine there, and everything was 25 cents. And I happen to be a huge believer in certain items calling to you. It just so happened to be this tarot card deck from the 70's. The cards and imagery are so beautiful. After some research from when I brought them home, the cards are reflective of the second wave of feminism. A huge majority of the cards contain women of all different cultures and colors. I know that some of the cards also contain some controversy, so it advised to remind that this deck was the time period of the 70's and not reflective on societal and cultural change now. But the essence of the deck is woman empowerment and progressiveness. and I love that there was artwork and objects that showcased spirituality and creative expression of the era.  


By then I had spend a good hour at the flea market and I was ready to head home with my finds. But I saw these babies. They are two metal framed hanging pictures. Everything from the framing to the image inside are beautiful. For the longest time I always wanted Dutch Still Art but could never find the right pieces. These i believe are just prints cast in a glass frame, but I still find myself appreciation the imagery and the flowers. I was thinking of incorporating them in a mixed art wall.



Last but not least, I picked up a few more things. There was a wonderful old woman would was practically selling her whole house. And she had such beautiful pottery. So I picked up a few bud vases, which are shown because they are currently in use. But I also picked up this New Orleans Coffee Cup. For as long as I could remember, I have always wanted to go to New Orleans. And I thought was a lovely reminder and inventive to go with a fun vintage coffee cup.

I hope you all enjoyed my finds and a little bit about them. I will always be an advocate of checking out thrift stores and flea markets for unique and relatively fair prices items for your home or your collections. Because you never know what your going to find unless you look and keep an open mind.

So my question to you guys;
do you flea market shop and if so what was the best item you got for your buck? 
let me know in the comments below (:


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I love a good flea market and stumbling upon rare, beautiful finds. Those floral pictures are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love flea markets and go as often as I can. You found some really great stuff. I especially love those tarot cards from the 70s. It's so much fun for me to see things from the 70's because it reminds me of my childhood and flea markets are the few places I can do that! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten much opportunity to shop in flea markets, nor do I know of any near where I live. However, those frames and floral prints inside that you got, I'd have to say are absolutely gorgeous! :) I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can’t recall if I’ve ever been to a flea market. Which is really sad now that I think about it! Gonna add this to one of the things I want to do next year!

    Blu
    Www.liveloveblu.com | wellness & healthy living

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love finding old china and glass. So many people don’t appreciate those items anymore

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this and I love flea markets too. I always am on the hunt for pretty crochet things or old china. I love all that older stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those framed photos are incredible! What a gorgeous and lucky fine! I usually make a list as well, what I was still doing theater costumes my first go to was always vintage clothes and jewelry and these days I don't cost him as much but I still look for that jewelry! But I mostly look for mid to late 80s and early 90s toys and things that I had when I was little that I took for granted that I wish I still had! But I think everybody does that kind of stuff

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Subscribe