Celebrating National Dog Week

10:22:00 PM


In full excitement and celebration, I thought about what a great way to talk about two fur babies with a post all about them. Because why not right? 

Now if I never did mention it before, I actually have three animals that are so graciously are apart of my family.  

So without further ado, lets introduce them.



My first fur baby is a beautiful Australian Shepard that we took in as a rescue. He still thinks he's a puppy and we don't bother telling him otherwise.
My second is my little sweetheart of a cat, Indie; who is also a rescue but if you were to ask her she'd probably tell you she rescued me. And I certainly wouldn't disagree with it either. I mention her because she is a great piece of our family and no one ever get's left behind, so for this post she's an honorary dog. lol 
And lastly is the puppy of them all, who again, we rescued from going to the shelter and is loving life. Her name is Bailey. She's only a tiny little thing but runs both my other animals under the table. She gets along as amazing with both my other dog and cat.

Even though this week is to celebrate how amazing my dogs are as companions, I find myself relishing in their greatness all the time.

 I catch myself feeling the utmost grateful for them in my life. They all entered my life with the greatest timing and when I needed them most. It's like they sensed it and graced me with their glory. For whatever reason it was, I always make sure I tell them how cute they are and how much I love them everyday to show my thanks. 


They all have not only changed my life, but improved every being of it. 

Below is a graphic of how dog's can influence your health. I thought I would share because a majority of them actually correlate with me. like..

My Mind
 I had always struggled with social anxiety. Well actually I still do. But growing up with dogs and having them around actually reduced it so much. I would gravitate towards them in the midst of feeling shaky and they're presence would calm me. I also experienced great loss and became closed off and depressed and my dog Sam, and Indie gave me a sense of being and purpose that helped. I focused my sadness on taking care of them and in turn they did the same in great fold. I don't think I could ever repay them except with endless love and treats.

My Body
In the midst of my depression, my health suffered greatly. I stopped exercising and couldn't bring myself too. Until my dog Sam. I looked at him one day and knew my depression would effect him too, so I worked out with him. His energy helped my energy and I regained my health back little by little. And every chance I can to take him out and play with him is great. 

I also came across a time in my life where I thought it was a great time to introduce a puppy in my family. I thought it would be great addition to my dog and cat but also to me. Her playfulness and presence lightens up not only m moods but my other animals too. She keeps us all on our toes and we are better for it.
I love my animals. They're a great addition to my family and I wouldn't change it for the world. They don't need much, just food, water, exercise and love. And they repay you by loving you unconditionally. They stick with you and stand by you when you need them most. I can't imagine my life without their cute little faces and their endless puppy kisses.

And now my question to you, do you have any animal in your life? How have
they changed your life. Let's share our stories about our precious fur babies in the comments below (:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I have an aussie doodle and maltipoo at home!! What cute animals you have! Happy National Dog Week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a cockapoo and he is the best dog ever. I can't imagine life without him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, they're all so cute!! They truly are perfect companions especially when dealing with health issues, including depression and anxiety. I have a basset hound and a toy poodle plus a cat who thinks she's better than us, lol. She's toilet trained, which is fantastic because I hate dealing with litter. It gets crazy when my oldest daughter brings my two grand pups over for a visit but I wouldn't have it any other way ;)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Instagram

Subscribe